1. If you have an EA Personal account, you must use your real name. This is similar to Facebook’s TOS. The avatar photo should be an image of you, and the social networks that are attached must be yours. Business accounts on EA also include causes, nonprofits, and other associations. Again the social networks should match the name of the business. Dups has been clear there is no effort to trap folks; just to ensure that accounts are real.
2. EA names will now only contain numbers or characters. This is really a good change. Many of you with “interesting” names do not realize how often folks can’t find you with a search because of your “cute” name. If I can’t find you, I can’t invest. You can change your name yourself, or EA will fix it for you.
3. EA will generally not allow you to change your ticker. This has been a bit of an issue; since folks who have acted poorly swap tickers to try to hide their guilt.
4. You can’t transfer your account without EA’s written permission.
5. EA is going to figure a way to notify your shareholders whenever there is a material change to your account. Things like changing Social Media Networks come to mind.
A really interesting thing for me is the small detail that Dups adds about enforcement of these policies. EA will notify you if a question arises. You have 3 days to respond. EA plans to suspend accounts…watch this word…”suspected” of any violation of the TOS. If you don’t respond in 3 days, they may at their discretion delete your account. It may take 3 weeks or more for EA to review any data regarding your suspended account.
I suspect if your account is suspended for 3 weeks, the damage will be catastrophic. I think the news is keep it clean out there folks. As in all reputation based situations, even an allegation is really tough to overcome.